What are the requirements for company registration in Hong Kong?
When registering a company in Hong Kong, it is important to consider the following requirements:
- The company must have a minimum of one shareholder, who can be a foreigner or a local and must be over 18 years old.
- At least one director, who can also be a foreigner or a local, must be appointed and be over 18 years old. The selection of shareholders and directors is determined by the client.
- There is no minimum share capital requirement for company registration, and the company can start with a share capital as low as HKD 1. It is common to set a share capital of HKD 10,000. Our Company Secretary department will assist you in registering the appropriate share structure with the government and maintain accurate records of the share capital.
- A registered address is necessary for the company's establishment, and our Company Secretary department can provide you with a Hong Kong registered address.
- Appointing a Company Secretary is mandatory for the company. Statrys' Company Secretary department can assist in ensuring compliance for your company in Hong Kong.
- It is also required to have a Designated Representative, who must reside in Hong Kong, to maintain the Significant Controllers Register of the company and provide assistance to law enforcement officers. This service is included in our company incorporation package.